Am I the Asshole for taking a sip of my husband’s drink?

I don’t drink for religious reasons but my husband does drink sometimes. He was having drinks with his brother and 2 friends at our house and even though I’ve never wanted to try alcohol before I was tempted so I took a sip of his. We’ve always shared food and drinks in the past so I didn’t expect him to be upset but he got annoyed and snatched the glass away and asked me what I was doing and told me I couldn’t drink that. I told him I just wanted to see what it tasted like but he told me I couldn’t drink it and that I should’ve asked him first.

I said fine but honestly I was annoyed as well. So… I brought it up once our guests left and we had a fight over it because he told me I wasn’t supposed to drink. My husband isn’t religious and even after I told him I wanted to try it he wouldn’t stop telling me I couldn’t so I don’t know what his problem was. He kept saying things like I wouldn’t like it and how he thought I would get drunk easily so it wasn’t a good idea for me to drink. At one point he was going on about how I would be throwing up and he’d have to look after me which I thought was an exaggeration since I only had a small sip.

Comments